There is a new kid in town and it’s super cool for many reasons. Moombai & Co. Cafe and bar aims to bring a little bit of Parsi legacy to Dubai. Dating back to the 19th century, Parsi small joints were very well known for people coming by in the evenings, gathering with their friends and chilling with bun maska.
There are so many reasons to visit this place ASAP but, I am giving you my top 5 reasons!
1. They are the only licensed resto/bar that sells KINGFISHER ( Where my kingfisher lovers at?)
2. It’s the perfect place for a Bollywood fanatic, they play old Bollywood music. This really takes you back to the times of Amitabh Bachan songs, Dum Maro Dum, Say na say from Buffmaster and much more. As you enter your feet start tapping without you knowing. It is so much fun!!!
3. Their food is simple, just like the food you would be served if you visited you auntie’s house ( they even have a brunch called the ” Aunty’s brunch”. My friends and I tasted their lambs shanks, white pomfret marinated in green chutney, chikken tangri, Paneer Achari , their signature Berry chicken Biryani. Also, for all my Sindhi friends they even have sindhi kadhi!
4. They have happy hour with various offers running daily from 5pm – 8pm.
5. Mumbaikars will revive and relive their days as college-going kids and for others, they can immerse themselves in a culture deeply embedded in the city without burning that hole in the pocket, buying a ticket, to Mumbai.